Re: Time to lose some weight

From: Woodruff, Jason P (jason.p.woodruff@boeing.com)
Date: Tue May 10 2005 - 19:32:16 EDT

Got the truck weighed at the last event to get a baseline before doing the below mods. About 100lbs lighter than what I thought, and about 300lbs lighter than when the DMV weighed it. I'm having trouble finding what dodge quoted these as weighing, but I seem to remember 3600lbs. Left to right weights are skewed since the ground leaned that way, but front to back looked fairly level. Anyways, without driver, 1/8 tank and race equiped (nothing loose inside, no spare etc, and big ass wheels and tires on all four corners).

LF:1100
RF:1070
LR:723
RR:681

Quick math gives 3574lbs. With a 60.7% to 39.3% weight distribution.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota

Okay, it's about time the truck went on a little diet. 2000 4.7L
1.) I'm gong to pull the AC out. I can look under the hood myself, but with these new fancy designs I can't really tell what's what. So there is the compressor (looks like a alternator), that canister thing and all the hard tubing. Anything else? Some sort of radiator thing? And how do I start this? Depressure and drain the freeon some how. If I'm careful not to break anything is it a sellable kit to someone without AC? What's a reasonable price?
2.) Stereo is coming out. I can find most of it, except the factory amp that came with the top stereo option. Anyone know where that's hiding?
3.) Front bumper is going to be replaced by one of those one piece plastic jobs that came from a 2004. I'm finding them on Ebay now, but does anyone have one to sell?
Jay W
505/287 Dakota