Re: Need some quick Ram help

From: Joe Levy (JRLevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 17:05:27 EDT

Just to follow up - it was a fuse for the CHMSL.
Until we got fixed we were able to use the brake control manually so I
didn't stress the truck brakes as much as I might have.
The fuse for the CHMSL was about the only fuse we didn't look at.Truck
has a 30 amp Trailer Brake fuse that I replaced on the odd event it was
faulty. Checked all wiring and contacts (even cleaned them at the
truck/trailer connect).
Left and Right brake lights worked OK on truck and trailer when ignition
was on, but NOT with ignition off. So, when we did the standard brake
check with engine running, all looked OK (we usually just verify the
trailer lights). (Didn't think about the fact that brake lights should
be on ANYTIME you hit them, ignition or otherwise).
On the brighter side, got a brand new Tekonsha Prodigy even-up for the
old one. Thank you Camping World and Tekonsha's LIFETIME Warranty. And
big thanks to Safford Dodge, Fredericksburg, VA, for getting me and out
in less than an hour - with no appointment. It did cost me .80 hrs dx
and work time (he did some other stuff, too), but well worth it.
Uneventful trip home from there.

Joe