OT Blowtie Albatross removed from my neck

From: Zito, James A (GE Energy) (james.zito@ps.ge.com)
Date: Sat May 21 2005 - 13:17:45 EDT

Apologies in advance for the upcoming profanity filled post.

Ok gang some of you may recall I asked about a cracked blowtie 402 block
several months ago. It was in dad's 71 Chuubelle, and yes it was cracked in
the cam tunnel, see http://mrwhipple1.tripod.com/id24.html photos.

Managed to find a marine 454 sans intake and with Q-jet san vacuum ports to
drop in. A coworker had had overheating issues in his boat so he had the
454 rebuilt with performance upgrades, dropped it in and it still ran hot so
he pulled it and dropped in a 502 crate in there, it ran hot, so now he
decides to look at his cooling system. The intake pipe was fouled down to a
drinking straw.

Found an intake on eVil and got the engine in and realized that I'd
forgotten to pull the bungs from the heads for the water temp stuff, out
comes the 3/8 ratchet and promptly busted the 3.8 female square socket on
the bungs off. Well the engine wasn't coming out, so the temp sender ended
up in the intake water passage.

Got it running and took it for a test drive I had forgotten how much I miss
lots of power and cruising a drop top.

Jim
69 442 conv in pieces body being held hostage
03 Dak CC 2 pistons short