TMP IHRA Ironman Classic

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 11:00:57 EDT

Toronto Motorsports Park's Funny Car Fox Hunt last Saturday
had designated the bracket classes as IHRA Ironman Classic races.
This gives us weekly bracket racers an opportunity to compete
for this pretty, sought after prize without leaving our home tracks.
The Ironman Classic statue, which is presented by Drag Review magazine,
is casted in solid bronze and quite impressive.

After barely surviving the 10 a.m. to midnight day at the track :-),
this tired, old puppy was lucky enough to win the Street ET class.
I faced off against a new Mustang GT in the finals and
managed to squeak out a .0318 win :-) [Note the 318 :-)]

Feels just as good as a personal best :-P

Hope you fellow DML Canuks are enjoying the long weekend
and you DML Amerks are enjoying a regular weekend as much
as I am.

Bob