Subject: Re: 92 dakota down... need help... relays clicking on fuel pump...

From: Ryan Arsenault (wibbyo@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat May 28 2005 - 00:54:26 EDT

welll check those probs that u guys suggested but nothing... still having a
problem.. anyone else have an idea... also anyone know if the computer outa
a V6 is the same as the ones in the V8..... is it just one of those BS
things that the dealer can charge more for but its actually the same
thing... just wondering..... any any other ideas would be great.... my
mechanic is loosing patience :(.... and i need my truck back soon
thanks again
Ryan

PEI Canada

On 5/21/2005 16:18, WiLieR[SS] wrote:
>| On 5/21/05, Ryan Arsenault <wibbyo@hotmail.com> wrote:
>|
>|>well here is my problem.. it started about 2 months ago.. dam truck
>wouldnt
>|>start.... i just sat there and cursed... but after awhile some relays
>|>started to click and when they stoped it started up.. fine.... over time
>|>this was takin longer and longer... talked to my mechanic he said sounds
>|>like fuel pump gettin lazy... so i changed that... didnt do
>anything... then
>|>he put the ole snapon scanner on it.. to see if he could manually get
>it to
>|>fire or make itclick... nothing.. not recognising the computer... anyone
>|>else have any probs like this... change the relays... fuel pump and
>the auto
>|>shut down relays... brand new... and still nothing ... couldnt get it
>to do
>|>anything.. but still if it sits long enough the relays start to
>click.. slow
>|>at first then speed up .. then stop... wait a min and then the truck
>fires
>|>up and drives fine.... ANY ideas at all people... im gettin
>frustrated....
>|>and i have a can a gas and a match....... loosing my patience
>fast...... so
>|>please let me know.... or if anyone wants to e mail me directly send to
>|>wibbyo@hotmail.com
>|>thanks for any info at all
>|>
>|>Ryan Arsenault

While you are in there repairing one splice, cut open the other one about 5
inches away. I had this problem with a no crank situation.The relay clicked
but no crank. The wires were just green dust! Hope this helps, Steve

Ryan Arsenault