Re: Westin Nerf bars

From: Rich Werning (rwerning@wi.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jun 04 2005 - 22:36:18 EDT

"Barry Oliver" <barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com> wrote in message
news:42A1567A.3020008@insightbb.com...
> I have a friend that put Westin bars on a RAM. He is happy with the
> stainless, but if you are a big guy, you may want to beef up the
> mounting brackets a bit. At 6'4" 300#, they would sag a bit if he
> bounced on them. I would not suggest the aluminum unless you are
> looking purely cosmetic. My personal activity would be to wait for the
> SmittyBuilt Outland bars to come available.. Or stop by my house and we
> will build you a set from scratch.. ;-)

I'm seriously debating making a set - I've been kicking around the idea
of what they would look like if, instead of bending the tubes at the end
like most do, cut and weld them in 2-3 steps to give them a sharper
edge... like the 05 Daks bodyline. I do wish I had some existing ones,
a template, some pics, or something else of how the mounting brackets
are for the 05's to help designing them.

- Rich Werning
  05 Grey Dak, QC 4x4, 4.7L, Tow Pkg
  K&N filter, Mopar Skid plates