Re: OT: Dodge Charger Experience!

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 00:33:19 EDT

Chad Evans wrote:

> atleast they did a better design on the charger then they did the 05
> dakota!

Umm, I disagree. If you're going to re-issue a car like the charger you
better give it some styling cues from it's predacessors. All dodge
really did was re-badge a Magnum in a nutshell. If you look at the new
mustang, they took cues from many of the body styles and hit the nail
dead on... It's deffinitly one car I wouldn't mind having!

So really, when you look at the dakota is a truck that they had to do
something with. I know some people think they should have stuck with
the gen3, but that would have been suicide. Think about it, the gen3
had a 8 YEAR production run. How many other cars or trucks made that
long of a run and not have sales slip??? Not many! And when you look
at the truck market in general, ALL the trucks got bigger and they had
to do upscale the dakota to keep up with the trends. And they did this
with a lot of cues from the gen3.

..so which is better, something that has NO styling cues from it's
predacessor or something that still keeps a little of the previous
generation???

Gary Hedlin
2005 SLT 4.7 5spd
1998 Sport 3.9