A/C problem

From: Jon Slavic (jons@laserdrive.com)
Date: Fri Jun 10 2005 - 07:12:49 EDT

My A/C hasn't been working since last summer. It's been about 85 here for a
week or so and I can't take it anymore. I bought a can or R134 and filled
the system, the compressor clutch started working.

No cold air, I turned the A/C off and started driving. I tried it again and
poof, the R134 blew out of the two middle ducts. Turned A/C off and on
again, same thing happened. I heard a hiss coming from the dash, kindof
behind the glove box.

This probably means bad news, evaporator. Anyone tried to replace theirs?
I've saw a few posts of $500+ to have someone fix it. Any ideas? Are there
any couplings behind the dash that could be leaking?

Jon Slavic
2000 Dodge Dakota Sport Plus, 4x4, 4.7L, CC, Intense Blue
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited, 4x4, 3.7L, Bright Silver