Leveling kit installation..

From: Rich Werning (rwerning@wi.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 16:20:48 EDT

Where to start.. I'm looking at installing a leveling kit
(http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/PER61062.html) for my 05 Dakota
4x4. I consider myself fairly competent when it come to working on
vehicles, though the last decade or so its been limited to tuneups, tire
rotations and the like. Ages ago I worked in a salvage yard and also at a
4x4 repair shop - so I've torn apart more than 1 suspension system in my
life.. but, it has been a long time (20+ years).

I'm debating tackling the installation of the coil spring spacers myself.
Getting my hands on a coil compressor is no biggy, but with it being an 05,
I'd hate to screw my warranty. Plus, I believe I'll need to get a front
end alignment when I'm done, correct?

So, what do you all think.. is it something that a competent but rusty
mechanic could tackle without botching it? Would I be wise to leave it in
the hands of a professional? What would you think a fair price would be to
get it installed?

Thanks
  Rich