RE: Spark Plugs for a Ram

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 23:20:39 EDT

Has he tried running hi test gasoline?

Rascal

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of Marc W. Grobe
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 10:54 PM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: DML: Spark Plugs for a Ram

My buddy has a 2000 Ram 2500 with the 360.  He has a problem with pinging
that we are trying to chase down.  Now I believe he already replaced the
belly pan gasket and I can't honestly remember if he told me if it made a
difference.  We also have run some Seafoam through the intake to try and
make sure the upper end was clean.  Next on my list is to try a colder range
of spark plug.  Looking in past posts regarding the topic the Autolite
3923's get mentioned as the best choice.  Does this hold for the 360 as
well?  Only reason I ask is the 360 is meant to have the 5224 and the 5223
is the next colder range for that series.

Thanks.

-Marc-