Charger: What's in a name?

From: M S (fetta78@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 13:15:33 EDT

So it's called a Charger. So what. It appears to be very nice! I saw one
this weekend at the local dealership and if I needed a new car I would have
one! For a sticker of $23K it was just about perfect.
So it's called a Charger. So what. It has four doors, the better the schlep
people around in. You know why? Because that's what people do! They don't
drag race to work everyday, they don't autocross the Kroger parking lot, and
they don't time-trial their main mode of transport. (Disclaimer: "we" all do
these things but only because "we" are on an automotive enthusiast board)
The rest of the people are the ones that are going to buy the 30,000 other
ones that they sell.
So it's called a Charger. So what. The original Charger was almost a
disaster, it was based on the Coronet. Only sold 468 Hemi's out of 37,344.
In 1967 only 15,000 were sold, including 118 Hemis. They only became
"popular" after the restyle.
So it's called a Charger. So what. They will sell tons of 'em I hope and
when most of the population that has the $$ to buy one looks around to see
what they can put the wife and kids in and still have some fun and a bit of
style it will be the 4 door car Dodge has called the Charger.

Mark in Kentucky
95 CC 4X4 3.9L