Re: Cost on dealer part needed

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 15 2005 - 01:23:29 EDT

Damn Bob, looks like I'm not the only one thinking insane thoughts! :)

Get This... I was quoted $250 for the SRT spoiler, $300 for the daytona
one. Which isn't too bad, but theres 3 things that will bite you square
in the a$$.

1. You'll need to shorten the width by a good inch (or two.... it was
an inch when I compared it to my 05).

2. The spoiler on the rams is removable. Theres a post on each side of
the spoiler that go into the thingamajiggies on the bed rail. The
dakota doesn't have those thingamajiggies, so you'ld need to shave those
posts off and run a bolt up through the rail into the spoiler.

3. If you have a tonneau cover, you'll need to drill through that to
attach the spoiler. Heres where things get nasty.... I figured the
added 2 inches of the tonneau might throw the looks of it way off into
the land of the fast and the furious.

All this led me to believe that all the work involved, and all the
drilling into new trucks just made deem this project FUBAR. This may
not be the case for you, and if it isn't I hope I gave you a good idea
of what needs to be done.

Thanks for rationalizing my ideas! :)

Gary Hedlin
2005 SLT 4.7 5spd