Re: Charger: What's in a name?

From: TerribleTom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jun 16 2005 - 23:15:40 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> "Ray Block" <bpracing@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> :> From: jon@dakota-truck.net
> :>
> :> IMHO, there needs to be more of a link than simply "both cars are
> :> fast".
> :>
> :> <snip>
> :> :> This is the perspective I am coming from regarding the Charger. It
> :> appears to be a wonderful vehicle, but I still hold that it does not
> :> make sense to name it "Charger".
>

> : FWIW Jon, I agree with you. They could have called it something silly like
> : "Dodge Family Sportster" and I wouldn't have a problem with it. Just not
> : Charger! (I was the original owner of a '69 Charger R/T, so perhaps you
> : can understand my bias.)
>

> Thanks! :-) At least I know I'm not the sole looney out there on this
> one. We can share the bell tower. ;-)

I've been meaning to chime in on tis one Jon - but since you said
everything I would have said - I'll just say that I totally agree with
you on everything you have said about the Charger.

********** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *40* DAYS LEFT! **********
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/