Re: Billet Belly Pan Gasket?

From: TerribleTom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jun 17 2005 - 01:53:31 EDT

James Calder wrote:
> When a new one is ordered from the dealer, is it a steel core type or cork?
>
> Has anybody used "The Right Stuff" by itself or in addition to the gasket?
> I know I read somewhere that "The Right Stuff" gasket maker is a good
> substitution or addition to the belly pan gasket.
>
> Thanks,
> James

Hi James - I use the Right Stuff on just about everything. I use it on
differential covers, I've used it on valve covers and oil pans. For the
oil pan I still used the cork peices - but for the valve covers I used
only the right stuff - I got sick of cork gaskets with RTV, blowing out
and leaking. For my differentials - since I seem to have to crack them
open a lot - I use only the right stuff. Seals em up pretty damned
good. Great for sealing gasket surfaces with imperfections in them.

********** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *39* DAYS LEFT! **********
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/