RE: Billet Belly Pan Gasket?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 17 2005 - 08:41:39 EDT

Why do you need to use the RTV on all those gaskets? Even at the
dealership, we never use RTV on the Waterpump, Timing Cover, Valve Covers
(not required with the rubber gaskets), Oil Pan...we only use the Mopar
Gasket Sealer Spray (light coating to hold them in place). Have had no
leaks at all.

On the Diff and intake seals (front/rear)...I can understand though - it's
required there (and on the 4.7L transmission pans).

- Bernd