RE: AAAAAARRRGGGHHH '99 Dak still running for ka ka

From: Joseph Orsini (joeman@gbonline.com)
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 12:02:01 EDT

I am off right now to check things out on the Dak, had meant to on Friday,
but was helping my buddy hang drywall most of the morning and it was just
too hot and humid to work more in the afternoon. Stuff came up the rest of
the weekend and I am off to check stuff out now. If it is something simple
with the ignition I will be very grateful and suprised since the old stuff
was less than 9 months old and less than 10k miles when I replaced it about
a month or so ago. Ah well...I can always throw it on the trailer and tow
it to Autozone to get read...but then I would have to be towing a Dodge with
a Chevy and I don't think that would make her happy! ;-)

-Joe

-
-
-Here's something odd but simple to check. Pop the dist. cap back off and
-make sure there's no damage to the new rotor you install. I
-installed a new
-cap and rotor in the 318 in my old Ram (1980). The rotor must not
-have been
-seated fully because the tab on top got mangled. It still ran, but
-terrible. It took a while (and one day of completely rebuilding a carb)
-before I found it. Anyway, it's easy enough to check.
---Aaron--
-95 DSRC 4x4 V6
-