RE: Gas mileage [how to improve]

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 09:53:59 EDT

If you're referring to the Magnets or "Air Swirl" gadgets (Fuel Miser, Helix
Bore Spacers, or Tornado Air style add-ons)...they do NOT work on our
engines. The magnets are just a joke (FTC suits have been filed on many of
these) and the design of our intakes prevents the air from "swirling" (or
mixing with the fuel) as the fuel is injected near the head/valve location
and the air coming into the manifold requires several bends before reaching
the valve opening.

Save your money and purchase an aftermarket throttle body as those have
proven to work (MPG and HP/TQ increases). The only exception to the
modified TB's are on the Hemi's. No aftermarket TB's available at this time
due to the electronic throttle control (and monitoring circuit).

- Bernd