Re: Gas mileage [how to improve]

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 18:32:04 EDT

Hop * wrote:

> Well, if you find out how to improve your milage lemme know.
> I've got a '97 cc 5.2 4x4 with 6" of lift and 32" tires.
> If you can get yours above 9mpg i'm all ears.
> My milage is horrid. I've got autolite 3923's, 360 intake tube, Intense
> performance air hat, msd wires, 180 tstat, accell brass cap and rotor,
> 3:55 gears.

I've got to say I find that a bit odd - I ran 32s on 3.55s for a year
and was still geting 15ish. It's got to be the extra windage (I was
stock height). If you're concerned about it I'd pull the body lift and
see what that does. You could clear 35 or 36s with the lift you have
now....

--
MikeM
'98 SAS CC