Re: Rear Brakes Gen II

From: Bill Day (billday@otecom.net)
Date: Wed Jul 06 2005 - 08:04:16 EDT

Of all the brake issues I had the simple solution to my issue of a draggin
rear was the the crossbar support thingy. The groove in the rear of the
cross support, that sits between the shoes, was not "wide" enough. I
purchased complete rear brake kits at Auotzone the spring after I got the
truck and my brakes had never been right since. Finally this pas spring(5
years after installing it), my auto mechanic buddy noticed it, used his die
grinder and squared it out to match driver side and my brakes work like a
brand new truck...

On Tuesday July 5 2005 4:20 pm, M S wrote:
> This past Holiday weekend was partially spent replacing the rear shoes on
> my 95 CC 4X4. The old ones were toast! I also had to replace one adjuster
> ("it was froze up" as we say down here) and an emergency brake cable thingy
> (another central Kentucky technical term).
>
> Anyway..........all seemed to go well, the truck stops just fine but I
> thing the passenger side rear is dragging a bit. Not enough to stop the
> truck in neutral on a slight incline but enough to heat the drum to the
> point that I can't touch it after my 20 mile drive to work. The adjusters
> are as all the way in, the drums weren't replaced, just the pads. Will this
> take care of itself after a few (hundred) miles? Will enough pad material
> be worn off? No smoke, no smell, just a hot drum.
>
> Should I be concerned?
>
> Mark in Kentucky
> 95 CC 4X4 3.9L

Bill Day