RE: K&N Oil filter "group buy"?

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 12:08:05 EDT

Yes, my '00 4.7 Jeep calls for the same filter as my '92 318 Dak and the
same filter as my wife's '02 Stratus 2.7L. Fram PH16... K&N version is
HP2004.

> are there any K&N filter users out there
> who know of a larger filter which will fit my GenII 318 Dak?

Yes and no. I know of a larger K&N filter, HP-3001, (equivalent to the Fram
PH8A that was used on Mopars waay back when) that does fit my Jeep 4.7 but
is too long for the Dak.

There was a Fram PH43 that was slightly bigger than the PH16 but if I
remember correctly, K&N uses the HP2004 in place of that as well.

-Ray