Re: K&N Oil filter "group buy"?

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 07:51:02 EDT

On Thu, July 7, 2005 10:35 am, jon@dakota-truck.net said:

> Hehe! Just for giggles, I went back just now and put in a Canadian
> address. I thought the $27.99 they wanted to ship 10 filters to DML
> HQ via ground was a bit over the top, but that was nothing compared
> to the $116.99 plus $21.53 duty they wanted to ship to Toronto! Yowsas!

I can't say I'm surprised :-(. At least they're adding the duty up
front, rather than allowing it to be an unpleasant surprise when it
arrives and UPS notifies you that your package is being held hostage,
and you'd better cough up the duty payment if you ever want to get it
out of their evil clutches. Do they ship UPS? There might still be an
extra $50 "customs brokerage fee" on top of all of that when the package
arrives.

Now you realize just how much I appreciate the fact that you allow us to
have stuff shipped to your place. :-)

When are you planning on putting the group buy in? I'm thinking of
getting a filter for each of ours. I can usually get an oil change done
for about $20, but of course that's with whatever junk they happen to
feel like using.