RE: Removing rubber trim strips?

From: Pindell, Timothy (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 10:57:23 EDT

>now on to those 4" wide, rubber trim strips that run down the sides on
the
>Gen-II trucks.
> anyone have a good idea of how to take them off? I was planning on
>using a 1" wide
>putty knife. someone have another suggestion? i dont want to
scratch
>the body too
>badly or it will be hard to fix later.
>

>-dan

The previous owner of my truck did this in an afternoon. He used a 1500
watt hairdryer to loosen an end just to get it started. The rest pulled
off fairly easy. No other implements of destruction were involved. He
used some "Goof Off" or some similar solvent to remove any adhesive that
was left. I tossed those pieces into the round file when I had the
chance because they weren't going back on. I like it better without
them.

http://www.otterbein.edu/Home/fac/TMTPPNDL/truck/94after2.JPG