RE: Dak 1: Small foreign car 0

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (gcouriel@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 11:25:56 EDT

oh, and glad to hear you are alright!

Gabriel A. Couriel

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net]On Behalf Of Matt
Brenneke
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 11:09 AM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: DML: Dak 1: Small foreign car 0

Let me start off by saying that I'm never buy a non-Dodge vehichle
again, because they are tanks!

Background: My sister had my '93 Shadow for 3 years before I got it.
In that time, she got in 5 accidents, totalled two other cars in said
accidents, and even took out a concrete post next to a gas pump.
Total damage: The front bumper was a little torn up from the concrete
post, the rear bumper had to be replaced once.

Back on-topic: Driving to work this morning in usual St. Louis I-370
traffic (busy, but moving quick). A blue car in the middle lane
decided to pull left in front of me. Normally this wouldn't be a
problem, but there was already a small silverish car in front of me.
The small silver car bounced off the wall trying to avoid the blue
one, bounced back out into traffic sideways, and managed to straighten
out and slam on her brakes, all still right in front of me. I hit my
brakes and tried to swerve right, but I was still moving to fast to
stop in time. I crushed the back end of the small silver car and
pushed it into the wall again (I think, at this point I don't
remember). Realizing what he'd done, the blue car took off.

Traffic stopped, we both got out and accessed the damage. We're both
okay, she (the driver of the silver car) was a little shaken up. The
silver car will probably be totalled. It had to be towed off on a
flat-bed truck. What about my truck you ask? Well, it looks like it
pushed in the plastic bumper a little. There's no visible damage to
the frame or the engine compartment. I drove it the rest of the way in
to work and it rides fine.

As long as Daimler-Chrysler keeps building tanks disguised as on-road
vehicles, I'll keep buying them!

-Matt Brenneke
'04 CC SXT 3.7L V6 (slightly bruised exterior)