RE: Dak 1: Small foreign car 0

From: Pindell, Timothy (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 12:16:15 EDT

>Let me start off by saying that I'm never buy a non-Dodge vehichle
>again, because they are tanks!
>
>Background: My sister had my '93 Shadow for 3 years before I got it.
>In that time, she got in 5 accidents, totalled two other cars in said
>accidents, and even took out a concrete post next to a gas pump.
>Total damage: The front bumper was a little torn up from the concrete
>post, the rear bumper had to be replaced once.
>
>Back on-topic: Driving to work this morning in usual St. Louis I-370
>traffic (busy, but moving quick). A blue car in the middle lane
>decided to pull left in front of me. Normally this wouldn't be a
>problem, but there was already a small silverish car in front of me.
>The small silver car bounced off the wall trying to avoid the blue
>one, bounced back out into traffic sideways, and managed to straighten
>out and slam on her brakes, all still right in front of me. I hit my
>brakes and tried to swerve right, but I was still moving to fast to
>stop in time. I crushed the back end of the small silver car and
>pushed it into the wall again (I think, at this point I don't
>remember). Realizing what he'd done, the blue car took off.
>
>Traffic stopped, we both got out and accessed the damage. We're both
>okay, she (the driver of the silver car) was a little shaken up. The
>silver car will probably be totalled. It had to be towed off on a
>flat-bed truck. What about my truck you ask? Well, it looks like it
>pushed in the plastic bumper a little. There's no visible damage to
>the frame or the engine compartment. I drove it the rest of the way in
>to work and it rides fine.
>
>As long as Daimler-Chrysler keeps building tanks disguised as on-road
>vehicles, I'll keep buying them!
>
>-Matt Brenneke
>'04 CC SXT 3.7L V6 (slightly bruised exterior)

I had a B150 through high school and college. I got rear ended a few
times. Most notable was when a Nissan Sentra totaled itself on the rear
bumper. The Sentra's bumper went under the van's bumper, and as you can
imagine, the carnage was terrible as my bumper squished the Sentra's
tender bits. There were a few scratches on the van's bumper, but nothing
to claim.

I the snow one day, a Chevy G-body made an illegal u-turn in front of
me. I had them locked up, but still hit him with my left front corner
square on his right rear wheel. The impact spun him around ,snapped his
axle, and crumpled his rear quarter pretty good. I had to have my
corner light, bumper and left quarter replaced. I hit him hard. It felt
good. Nobody got hurt.

I miss that van...it was a tank too.