Re: employee + discount?

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 12 2005 - 11:45:02 EDT

On 7/12/05, kvmac45@comcast.net <kvmac45@comcast.net> wrote:
> I agree that GM needs to do something different in order to survive. However, I
> read that their biggest sales during this promotion were trucks and SUVs.

I'm sure they were. The prices came WAY down, which people I'm sure
are translating to "well, the money I save on a monthly payment will
cover the extra gas." What they aren't realizing is that the prices
came down so far because of the HUGE margin GM had been making on
SUVs.

The promotion will end, gas prices will continue to climb, and their
SUV sales will tank.