RE: OT - GM related - what's my junk worth?

From: Joseph Orsini (joeman@gbonline.com)
Date: Wed Jul 13 2005 - 13:21:05 EDT

David,

        If I weren't out of work I would probably make you some sort of offer just
to have a back up tow rig. Anyway what's with the rear end sag? Lot of
spare parts in the back or the leafs just sagging? With the possible engine
damage and all I don't know what the minimum is you should expect. I am
assuming, cause of the drop spindle, that it is 2wd? You also don't mention
the condition of the interior. Maybe some of the extra parts that aren't
included and that you will have a hard time selling seperately (ie the spare
doors?) you should just toss in? Just to be rid of them. I still have
parts in the garage from previous projects that are long gone, but that is
the perfect excuse to the wife to buy another version of said vehicle, "but,
oney I've already got parts for it" The sucky part is I promised about a
year before the wedding not to buy anymore cars (note cars, did buy another
truck in there as it wasn't a car;-) Boy was she pissed) until after the
wedding...then the wedding rolls around and the steel mill closed a month
before...so even though I am free to buy there is no money! ;-(

Ack, sorry for the rambling,

-Joe

-
-Ok as long as the DML seems to be more about GM than Dakotas, who am I to
-buck the system :)
-
-I'm tried listing on ebay, but I could've sold the spare and made more cash
-:( Ok, not quite, but close. I'm going to try AutoTrader next, but want a
-gearhead opinion about what is reasonable, as I'm rather biased.
-
-Yes, I know it's a GM, but hey, we can't all be perfect :) Can some of you
-gearheads let me know what a reasonable offer would be for this?
-http://web-server.us/85sub/
-
-If you notice anything funky, I'm still updating the page...
-
-Oh yeah, I'd say try not to laugh at me too much, but I showd up late for a
-BBQ after an incident involving a pond, so I know that won't happen :)
-
-Dak content: I once pulled our original 86 Suburban (some parts are still
-in this one) home from the shoping center with my Dak and a tow strap.
-
-David 94 CC Sport 4x4, 318, 5spd, Lifted with 33" BFG MT's
-
-
-