re:new motor Vs. old motor O2 sensors??

From: victor.williams@byers.com
Date: Wed Jul 13 2005 - 23:43:52 EDT

>Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 18:44:00 -0500
>From: TomBuban <tombuban@4wheelair.com>
>Subject: DML: new motor Vs. old motor O2 sensors??
>
>Finally got the 360 in. I had a 318 in my 98'. Anyway, this thing is
>sucking up the gas worse than my 318. I still have the stock O2 sensors
>in. I want to change them, can I use the stock type again, or do I get
>one for the 360 motor???
>

>Thanks for any help.
>
>Tom

I swapped out a 95 318 for a 95 360 in my 95 DAK.... Gas mileage went down
a little but not much.. I currently get between 14 and 16 mpg city and as
much as 20 on highway once if I go less than 65 mph which is unsafe
anywhere near Atlanta.
I tried 3 different ECMs.
The original 318 ecm, one from a 95 RAM automatic and one from a 95 RAM 5
speed , all of these more or less did the same thing except for codes and
the shift indicator light. It idles like crap with any of them.
I would like to know what the differences really are. I've put on about
70k miles since the swap. The plugs look fine so I don't think its too
lean.
95 has OBD1 and only 1 O2 sensor, I never swapped out the sensor. Is
there a difference between a 95 360 o2 and 95 318 o2 sensor ?

Victor Williams
Marietta Ga
1995 CC Sport 2wd,5.9l,5sp,3.55LSD,MP sp intake,Flowkooler,
Jardine catback,Flowmaster 70,CarSound Cat,Tow pkg