RE: short rant

From: Ray Irons (rirons@doverde.net)
Date: Sun Jul 17 2005 - 20:09:51 EDT

<snip> So he then asks me to look up some parts - - I do so - and then asked
him if we sold him the wrong stuff? He sais no, not yet we havn't. Such
an attitude... when I informed him I couldn't get the parts he wanted -
that only pissed him off even more and more whining ensued...... as if
it was my personal job in life to make sure he got what he wanted. I
wanted to smack him... Ugh... Welcome to life in customer service :)

I got few stories like that. How about the guy that pulls an engine swap
from a carb'ed 305 eng to fuel injected 350 and gets pissed cause I don't
have the right computer to match his old harness to his new engine.

Two of my newest favorites.

Lady walks into the store at 2 minutes to closing time

Her: Are you still open?

Me: Yeah for about another 2 minutes

Her: Oh good, I need a passenger side headlight for a black 98 Ford Escort

Me: (looks up headlight on computer) Sorry I don't have a passenger side
headlight for a black 98 Escort
       I have the drivers side for a black Escort and I have the passenger
side for a red one.

Her: Oh crud! Where can I get one now?

Yesterday I had a Hispanic lady walk up to the counter.

Her: (heavy accent) I need the turkey

Me: Excuse me? You need the what?

Her: The turkey

Me I don't understand you need the turkey?

Her: Yes the turkey. For a 97 Honda Civic

Me: Ma'am I don't understand. There's no turkey on a car.

Her: The TURKEY, THE TURKEY, The head turkey.

Me: OH! Do you mean you need the Head bolt TORQUE?

Her Si you dumb gringo.

I got her what she wanted but I really had to restrain myself from smacking
her.

Thank god for parts returned to be disposed of at the store. That and a BFH
does wonders for the soul.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE