Re: TTRe: newbie

From: Biff Byrum (bbyrum9@foothill.net)
Date: Sun Jul 17 2005 - 22:47:19 EDT

I believe Champs were stock. It's all I have ever found. As far as Bosch, I
wouldn't put them in any LA block. I have no use for them in any Mopar
engine.
As far as gapping goes, a lot of plugs come pregapped for the primary
application, which might not be what you're driving. Also, getting matched
gaps nowadays is really problematical. The stock gap for apps with the
second gen. coil is supposed to be .035. But I can personally swear that
.040 on a magnum engine will never be noticed. I got a little less mpg, but
hill climbing was not noticeably different.
A few months ago I put a set of NGK's in my friend's '98 Laramie 4x4 with a
5.2. He's a tilesetter, so you know how much he hauls around since he had to
start using it for work. He says "no problem, runs fine." As far as I
remember, DC says not to use plats in any of the new 3.7 and 4.7 engines.
Biff