Re: 2005 DML BBQ Roll Call

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 10:33:47 EDT

"Rich Werning" <rwerning@wi.rr.com> wrote:
: <jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote in message
: news:dbbbsu$c4d$1@bent.twistedbits.net...
:> Some other folks whom I have heard from as planning to attend (and
:> which, AFAIK haven't retracted that position as of yet) are:
:>
:> Remo Bianco
:> Chris Tkaczyk
:> Rich Werning
:>
:>
:> Another BBQ note: As I am sitting here typing this, the sky has
:> just opened up - big time. Its been a very dry summer so far, but
:> I can feel mud being born as I type. ;-)

: Barring some sort of a problem between now and then, I plan on making the
: trek out there.

   Sounds good, Rich - hope to see you there!

: Would be a good chance to put some faces with the names,
: drink a beer or 5 with you all, and get some ideas for what I want to do
: with the Dak.

   If you catch a glimpse of a dark red Dak that towers over everything
else and blots out the sun or a silver GenI, avert your eyes - those kinds
of ideas can be hazardous to your checkbook and mental state of mind! ;-)
Actually, if you need ideas, the Adam Blaster is our go-to guy, right
BBQers? He's always chock full of ideas! :-)

: Hope someone's got an extra set open, the 05 is a long ways
: away from being off roaded so I'm hoping to ride shotgun with one of you. :)

   Yep, there usually are some extra seats to go around.

   Heh - I have no idea why, but Rich mentioning an extra seat just
popped a crazy idea in my mind. Perhaps something like a small tube
frame buggy which could be towed behind one of the trucks - it wouldn't
actually have an engine, probably just steering and maybe even brakes
if we were feeling especially safety concious. ;-) Could be a
single seater, 2 seater or maybe even 4 seater. I dunno, probably
not worth doing, but the image of dragging somebody through mud lane,
with the person in the buggy desparately trying to steer between the
truck's rooster tails was briefly amusing. :-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'