Re: 2005 DML BBQ Roll Call

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 11:25:51 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net said:

> Heh - I have no idea why, but Rich mentioning an extra seat just
> popped a crazy idea in my mind. Perhaps something like a small tube
> frame buggy which could be towed behind one of the trucks - it wouldn't
> actually have an engine, probably just steering and maybe even brakes
> if we were feeling especially safety concious. ;-) Could be a
> single seater, 2 seater or maybe even 4 seater. I dunno, probably
> not worth doing, but the image of dragging somebody through mud lane,
> with the person in the buggy desparately trying to steer between the
> truck's rooster tails was briefly amusing. :-)

We're selling the old SAE mini-baja car from last year at school... it's
made out of aluminum tube and has one seat, brakes, and steering. With a 5hp
lawnmower engine and gearbox it could be made to do 60+ mph like it did in
competition last year... It flipped end over end like 8 times and wasn't
damaged nor was the occupant injured. I think they're looking for the scrap
price out of it, somewhere about $500 - $700 IIRC. It only weighs about 100
pounds.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com