RE: Dakota Question

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Fri Jul 22 2005 - 15:52:08 EDT

JameyWelch@Freightliner.com said:

> I did this exact thing...I pulled the neg cable off, held the key in the
> start position for 15 seconds, then reconnected the neg batt cable. I
> started it up and let it idle for 2 minutes and no light. But then, I
> started it back up and the light came back on? I also did the trip/odometer
> button and let it run through its check cycle. No codes were displayed??
> Dan, why do I have to drive 250 miles? I saw on the DML site that I should
> drive 50-100 miles to let the computer "learn" anything different. What do
> you think???? Please help me guys!

To get it to display the codes you need to do the key on/off trick.
Depressing the trip/odometer button only tests the cluster, it does not
display codes.

To do the key on/off trick, start with the key in the off position and turn
it on-off-on-off-on that should get it to display the codes in the odometer.
 It works on my 2000 but from what I understand it doesn't work on all years.
 Good luck!

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com