Re: 5 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Sat Jul 23 2005 - 12:22:58 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net said:

> Sure thing; might as well as long as the welder is all warmed up
> we're all in "monster garage" mode! ;-) BTW, do you know about
> what time you think you'll be rolling in? Will you be meeting up
> with Josh? Either way, watch out for those econoboxes and deer!
> :-) (And of course, large puddles...) ;-)

Most definately make sure the welder is warmed up. I need to weld something
too... seriously.

Tom is going to meet up with me at my house at about 8 or 9 am on Wednesday
and we're going to depart from there. The whole of Interstate 80/294 that
we'll be driving on all the way into Indiana is all ripped up and under some
serious construction. Needless to say with Tom's past history on congested
roadways full of small cars, we'll be taking the surface streets all the way
into Indiana and then rejoining with I80/94 at US41 where the road is nice
and congestion/construction free. Unfortunately while saving us the
frustrations of the infamous Chicagoland rush hour, it will also add about 40
minutes onto our travel time.

Also, because Tom will be pulling a trailer full of miscellaneous truck parts
with us we will most assuredly have to drive slower than the steady 80 - 85
mph we did last year. I'd like to think that we will be able to average 70 -
72 mph over the course of the main roadway though is it is mostly a straght
shot all the way to Cleveland. I'm fairly sure we should be there well
before nightfall though. I hate setting up tents in the dark so I'm working
out a pretty agressive trip plan to ensure I won't have to.

Jon, do you think it would be okay if I brought a few things that needed to
be "lost in the woods" along for the trip? Everyone else seems to bring
something that they leave behind, whether it be a few parts or a whole truck,
I kind of feel left out. Besides, I've developed a "problem" of sorts and
need somewhere to hide the "bodies" so to speak. Can you help me out?

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com