Re: 5 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Jul 25 2005 - 15:23:56 EDT

"Josh Battles" <josh.lists@omg-stfu.com> wrote:
: jon@dakota-truck.net said:
:>
:> Sure thing; might as well as long as the welder is all warmed up
:> we're all in "monster garage" mode! ;-) BTW, do you know about
:> what time you think you'll be rolling in? Will you be meeting up
:> with Josh? Either way, watch out for those econoboxes and deer!
:> :-) (And of course, large puddles...) ;-)

: Most definately make sure the welder is warmed up. I need to weld something
: too... seriously.

  Mkay! :-)

: Tom is going to meet up with me at my house at about 8 or 9 am on Wednesday
: and we're going to depart from there. The whole of Interstate 80/294 that
: we'll be driving on all the way into Indiana is all ripped up and under some
: serious construction. Needless to say with Tom's past history on congested
: roadways full of small cars, we'll be taking the surface streets all the way
: into Indiana and then rejoining with I80/94 at US41 where the road is nice
: and congestion/construction free. Unfortunately while saving us the
: frustrations of the infamous Chicagoland rush hour, it will also add about 40
: minutes onto our travel time.

   Cool - I'm glad to hear you're going to be able to make it!

: Also, because Tom will be pulling a trailer full of miscellaneous truck parts

   Hehehe! I like that - "miscellaneous truck parts, mostly attached to each
other in the approximate shape of a 1989 Dakota..." ;-)

: with us we will most assuredly have to drive slower than the steady 80 - 85
: mph we did last year. I'd like to think that we will be able to average 70 -
: 72 mph over the course of the main roadway though is it is mostly a straght
: shot all the way to Cleveland. I'm fairly sure we should be there well
: before nightfall though. I hate setting up tents in the dark so I'm working
: out a pretty agressive trip plan to ensure I won't have to.

   Sounds good. :-) It sounds like you should beat the dark if all goes
well then (about 9pm lately, I think). I seem to recall that it takes me
about 8 hours to drive to Chicago, so you'd probably have to get delayed
3-4 hours in order to risk running into the dark. Heck, if you crusie right
along, you might even make it before dinnertime! :-) Well, good luck with
that anyway! :-)

: Jon, do you think it would be okay if I brought a few things that needed to
: be "lost in the woods" along for the trip? Everyone else seems to bring
: something that they leave behind, whether it be a few parts or a whole truck,
: I kind of feel left out. Besides, I've developed a "problem" of sorts and
: need somewhere to hide the "bodies" so to speak. Can you help me out?

   You do have a knack for piquing one's curiosity! ;-) Ummm, yeah I
can *probably* help you out... :-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'