Re: OT - computer question

From: WiLieR[SS] (waffle787@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 23 2005 - 12:34:55 EDT

On 7/23/05, clhyer@cox.net <clhyer@cox.net> wrote:

> Hello, hoping that someone will be able to help us with a computer problem. Our DVD player started acting funny last week. It would play the DVD, but it would start & stop. Now it won't play one at all. When I go thru the control panel to play, it give me a message to "insert a DVD into the player" even though it is already there. It will play a CD, but it starts and stops also. I have used the trouble shooter without any success. Any thoughts?
> TIA,
> Cal

Try uninstalling the drive through device manager. If it is windows
xp it will recognize the drive and reinstall it either right away or
on the next reboot. Sometimes this will help. Also, have you
installed any software just before it started doing this? Make sure
and check all the cables on the backside of the drive. They should
all be seated fully. Does it read anything else such as cds? Have
you tried updating the firmware on the drive or drivers in windows?

Just some starting points.

Will