Fuel Tank

From: James Calder (jCalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jul 23 2005 - 21:16:47 EDT

As part of my '93 3.9 rebuild, I removed the injectors and regulator from
the rails and let carb cleaner sit in the upside-down rails overnight to get
rid of the varnish build up from old gas. Because the rails were so gummed
up, I know I need to drain the tank also.
What would be the easiest way to do this? Can I hook up the pump wires to a
12v source and pump it out (or is this just too dangerous)?
Would the tank and lines need to be cleaned due to the varnish build up?
How?
Thanks for any input.
James