Re: OMG I got dummy lights - ABS/Brake

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jul 25 2005 - 14:47:26 EDT

Barry Oliver wrote:

> I was driving along the other day and my "ABS" light *AND* my "Brake"
> light came on. Brake function seems normal, but I wasn't in a position
> to test the ABS. This occured while I was just crusing down the road,
> with no brake input for quite a while.. Any Ideas?
> I am vacillating on wheather to try to go to autozone and pull the
> codes, or just to go to the dealer with the codes unmolested. If it
> turns out to be a simple deal, I would like to do it myself, but I
> really don't have the motivation or the time to get into anything major.
>
> 99, 5.2 4x4, auto.

AutoZone - does not have the capability to pull Brake warning light
codes. Nor will most places other than a service shop. AutoZone and
other parts stores who offer check engine light "code readings" only
have OBDII and OBD I scanners - these scanners will NOT read ABS/Brake
warning data.

****** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *1* DAY LEFT! ******
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/