Re: OMG I got dummy lights - ABS/Brake

From: Eric Hufstedler (mopar@ehuffy.com)
Date: Mon Jul 25 2005 - 19:55:34 EDT

> I was driving along the other day and my "ABS" light *AND* my "Brake"
> light came on. Brake function seems normal, but I wasn't in a position
> to test the ABS. This occured while I was just crusing down the road,
> with no brake input for quite a while.. Any Ideas?
> I am vacillating on wheather to try to go to autozone and pull the
> codes, or just to go to the dealer with the codes unmolested. If it
> turns out to be a simple deal, I would like to do it myself, but I
> really don't have the motivation or the time to get into anything major.
>
> 99, 5.2 4x4, auto.

My 99 ABS light has come on a couple times. The 1st time it came on while
on the highway (no funny speedo) and didn't come on after stopping and
starting the engine.

The 2nd time it came on (years after the 1st), it lasted a day or 2, but
went out on my way to the dealer. They couldn't find anything wrong at
that point.

I can't remember if both lights came on or just the abs light.

I have a 99, 2WD, V6 with manual. (so we only have the year in common!)

eric