Re: 5 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Mon Jul 25 2005 - 19:59:45 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net said:

> "Josh Battles" <josh.lists@omg-stfu.com> wrote:
> : jon@dakota-truck.net said:
> :>
> :> Sure thing; might as well as long as the welder is all warmed up
> :> we're all in "monster garage" mode! ;-) BTW, do you know about
> :> what time you think you'll be rolling in? Will you be meeting up
> :> with Josh? Either way, watch out for those econoboxes and deer!
> :> :-) (And of course, large puddles...) ;-)
>
> : Most definately make sure the welder is warmed up. I need to weld
> something
> : too... seriously.
>

> Mkay! :-)

Fabulous!

> : Tom is going to meet up with me at my house at about 8 or 9 am on Wednesday
> : and we're going to depart from there. The whole of Interstate 80/294 that
> : we'll be driving on all the way into Indiana is all ripped up and under
> some
> : serious construction. Needless to say with Tom's past history on congested
> : roadways full of small cars, we'll be taking the surface streets all the
> way
> : into Indiana and then rejoining with I80/94 at US41 where the road is nice
> : and congestion/construction free. Unfortunately while saving us the
> : frustrations of the infamous Chicagoland rush hour, it will also add about
> 40
> : minutes onto our travel time.
>

> Cool - I'm glad to hear you're going to be able to make it!

Me too, it would have been a really boring week at home all by myself with
nothing to do but finish all the projects I've been putting off.

> : Also, because Tom will be pulling a trailer full of miscellaneous truck
> parts
>

> Hehehe! I like that - "miscellaneous truck parts, mostly attached to each
> other in the approximate shape of a 1989 Dakota..." ;-)

LOL, yeah, something like that. None-the-less, we're still going to have to
drive slower so that nothing flys off of it.

> : with us we will most assuredly have to drive slower than the steady 80 - 85
> : mph we did last year. I'd like to think that we will be able to average 70
> -
> : 72 mph over the course of the main roadway though is it is mostly a straght
> : shot all the way to Cleveland. I'm fairly sure we should be there well
> : before nightfall though. I hate setting up tents in the dark so I'm
> working
> : out a pretty agressive trip plan to ensure I won't have to.
>

> Sounds good. :-) It sounds like you should beat the dark if all goes
> well then (about 9pm lately, I think). I seem to recall that it takes me
> about 8 hours to drive to Chicago, so you'd probably have to get delayed
> 3-4 hours in order to risk running into the dark. Heck, if you crusie right
> along, you might even make it before dinnertime! :-) Well, good luck with
> that anyway! :-)

Yes, it's about 8 hours from Chicago but I want to be sure that *IF* we have
to stop for any reason that's more than fuel, we'll still have some time
before we risk "burnin' up all the daylight" and I risk having to set up a
tent in the dark.

> : Jon, do you think it would be okay if I brought a few things that needed to
> : be "lost in the woods" along for the trip? Everyone else seems to bring
> : something that they leave behind, whether it be a few parts or a whole
> truck,
> : I kind of feel left out. Besides, I've developed a "problem" of sorts and
> : need somewhere to hide the "bodies" so to speak. Can you help me out?
>

> You do have a knack for piquing one's curiosity! ;-) Ummm, yeah I
> can *probably* help you out... :-)

Thanks, I'll breif you once we hit DML HQ.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com