Re: Need "white" 898 bulbs to match Silverstars....

From: steve preston (steves287dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 25 2005 - 20:48:30 EDT

I will check to see. Thanks!

--- Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:

> steve preston wrote:
> > Well,I put the new Silverstars in the Dak
> > yesterday,and got a chance to check them out
> tonight
> > on the road,and there is no doubt they are whiter
> than
> > stock. Possibly a little brighter too. Big
> difference
> > in how they illuminate reflective road signs. My
> > problem now is that my "fog" lights are yellow in
> > comparison. My Dak is a 2001,and it has the 898
> bulbs
> > with the 90 degree bend at the socket end. So
> far,I
> > haven`t been able to find any replacements for
> these
> > bulbs with a white color temperature (around
> 4000K)
> > like the Silverstars have. I checked on Ebay,but
> all I
> > found was a few complete aftermarket fog lamps
> (not
> > bulbs alone),and some weird Chinese plasma-type
> bulbs
> > that look blue. If anyone has found some 898`s to
> > match the Silverstars,please let me know. I`m
> gonna go
> > get a glass of pop,and I`ll be right back. But
> take
> > your time,I`m in no hurry. :)
> >
> > Steve P.
>
> I'm pretty sure Advance Auto sells Silverstar
> foglight bulbs. I was
> looking for some for my Ram. Trouble is they are
> the same blasted price
> as the full size headlights - which is why I have
> not bought them yet.
> I had a hard time justifying $20 per bulb for 4
> bulbs for my main
> headlights and high beams - let alone $20 a bulb for
> tiny fog light bulbs.
>
> --

> ****** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *2* DAYS LEFT!
> ******
> *Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to
> dangerous speeds. What
> pond?
> AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine -
> http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/

Steve P.
Two-thousand one (2001) Flame Red Dodge Dakota Sport RC 4X4,4.7L eight-piston w/3.92 limited-slip,air,cruise,tilt,knob(not shifter)induced four by,with optional hand crank windows and finger locks that added substantially to the overall cost. Steigerperformance air intake providing twenty additional RWHP (ten at the flywheel). PLUS,a custom dual-exhaust than is real loud,with gigantic 2 1/4" pipes sticking out the back,reminiscent of warship cannons primed and ready for the heat of battle. The other mods (headlight and taillight covers and black step bars) do not add significantly to the speed of this vehicle,but are there purely for intimidation purposes,as the markings of a cobra signify it`s deadly potency. Put simply,this truck cannot be stopped.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs