Re: Need "white" 898 bulbs to match Silverstars....

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jul 24 2005 - 23:27:38 EDT

steve preston wrote:
> Well,I put the new Silverstars in the Dak
> yesterday,and got a chance to check them out tonight
> on the road,and there is no doubt they are whiter than
> stock. Possibly a little brighter too. Big difference
> in how they illuminate reflective road signs. My
> problem now is that my "fog" lights are yellow in
> comparison. My Dak is a 2001,and it has the 898 bulbs
> with the 90 degree bend at the socket end. So far,I
> haven`t been able to find any replacements for these
> bulbs with a white color temperature (around 4000K)
> like the Silverstars have. I checked on Ebay,but all I
> found was a few complete aftermarket fog lamps (not
> bulbs alone),and some weird Chinese plasma-type bulbs
> that look blue. If anyone has found some 898`s to
> match the Silverstars,please let me know. I`m gonna go
> get a glass of pop,and I`ll be right back. But take
> your time,I`m in no hurry. :)
>
> Steve P.

I'm pretty sure Advance Auto sells Silverstar foglight bulbs. I was
looking for some for my Ram. Trouble is they are the same blasted price
as the full size headlights - which is why I have not bought them yet.
I had a hard time justifying $20 per bulb for 4 bulbs for my main
headlights and high beams - let alone $20 a bulb for tiny fog light bulbs.

****** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *2* DAYS LEFT! ******
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/