Re: Tire clearance

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 01:16:59 EDT

Jon wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've got 33" BFG's on my Ram. Just random warped-mind-wanderings here, but
> would these fit on a stock 4x4 Dak, say a '97-'99?

Common knowlege says they don't fit, but with the perfect rim
backspacing you may be able to get them to clear. the questions are a)
just how far out of the fender would they have to stick to clear the
frame at full lock and b) if you stuck them out far enough to clear the
frame inside would they clear the fender outside?

I don't have a stock truck to play with anymore, but if I could stuff
33s under without trimming the backs of the rear fenders I'd definitely
do it.

--
MikeM
SAS Dak, with stuff.  had 32s in 17s while still stock....  wanna buy em?