Re: Oil question...

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Jul 28 2005 - 11:22:02 EDT

On Jul 28, 2005, at 10:54 AM, Pindell, Timothy wrote:

>> I run Mobil 1 Truck and SUV oil in my '96 which is a 5w40 oil. I used
>> to run Mobil 1 10w30 but the T&S oil is a far better temp range
>> (covers from below freezing to high heat) plus it is actually over
>> engineered for a gasoline engine. The reason I say this is the stuff
>> is actually Mobil Delvac 1 which is their synthetic diesel engine oil
>> (confirmed by calling Mobil).
>> Jeff Durling
>>

> Hmmm...maybe this is the reason I haven't been able to find synthetic
> Delvac lately. I had been using synthetic Delvac in every gas
> engine I
> had, and at a great price per gallon. I suppose Mobil has re-
> marketed it
> at a higher price for non-fleet customers.

If you checks the specs on the Mobil website they are identical (the
reason i called to verify). I have two diesel cars that require
synthetic diesel and Delvac has always been hard to get. I usually go
to the CAT dealer here and get their synthetic diesel oil which is
just re-badged Delvac 1. The one Wal-Mart near me carried the Truck
and SUV in quarts so i was buying that and now they are carrying it
in the 5 quart jugs which makes it even better. BTW, here the price
seems to be about the same as it was for Delvac. Actually, the T &S
seems to be a couple of bucks cheaper.

Jeff Durling