Check Engine Codes

From: JameyWelch@freightliner.com
Date: Thu Jul 28 2005 - 18:33:01 EDT

Hey Guys!
        Just wanted to let everyone know that I figured out what the problem
was with my MIL light on and the engine not sending any Trouble Codes. I
joined alldata.com which I recommend for everyone. Yes, it is a little
pricey at 24.95 a year, but I just saved myself a lot of money. I was told
that this problem was due to a faulty PCM and found out that the purge
solenoid fuse was blown in the fuse panel inside the dash at the driver
door. I changed the fuse, reset the PCM, and voila! No MIL light!! Man I
was/am happy! I went to get it inspected and it failed because it said that
the O2 sensor, O2 heater, and catalyst were "Not Ready." I am assuming that
this comes from resetting the PCM?? I don't know how long I have to drive
it before it will be ready, do any of you guys?? The inspection is 2 months
out and I am trying to get this fixed. In NC, where I live, it is a $250
mailed-to-your-door ticket if your inspection is out too long. My question
is, how long do I need to drive it before it will pass the OBD II test. It
is a '99 5.2L Club Cab 2WD, K&N filtercharger, and Flowmaster FlowPro Series
40 exhaust. Please let me know guys!! Also, the fuel mileage has sucked
recently. I am assuming that this is because of the purge solenoid but I'm
not sure. Let me know what you think!!

Thanks again for all of the responses!!

Jamey