Wheel Lock

From: Joseph Orsini (joeman@gbonline.com)
Date: Sat Jul 30 2005 - 12:24:17 EDT

Hey guys,

        This is something that has bothered me since I got the Dakota, the steering
wheel does not lock into place with the ign. off and the key removed. I
still have full range of wheel movement and the front wheels are very
steerable. Is this normal? It is a '99 4x2 318 5spd. When I got the truck
it was my first manual trans vehicle and thought that was why it was like
that but after a little more experience with other manuals learned that
should have nothing to do with it. Thoughts? Comments?

-Joe