Re: BBQ - new guy chimes in

From: Rich Werning (rwerning@wi.rr.com)
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 16:25:55 EDT

<y2kblackdak@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:dcluvk$bv7$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> glad to see i'm not the only '05 around ;-) My 4x4 feels tiny as
> well...hoping to give 'er a bit of an attitude adjustment in the upward
> direction.
>
> you get any mud on yours at all?

Nope, not unless you count the mud that may have accidently gotten flinged
on it from the baja buggy sliding around the driveway, or one of the mudders
when we were caravaning to the ice cream stand to check out the muscle cars
there on Friday night.. :)

I was *this* close to driving it down to the mud pit (to watch the action,
not participate!) on Saturday night.. I had just enough beer that it seemed
like a good idea, but not enough to follow through with it.. thankfully!

I have every intention of making the 06 event in Denver, at which point I
should be both mentally prepared for driving it on some of the mild trails
and have enough work done to make it ready. That is unless I find a
different Dak to turn into an offroader - checking out Walt and Mike's rides
has me seriously contemplating the idea - now I just need to sell the better
half on it. *grin* . There is the option of making a baja buggy.. that
thing was sweeeeet and got rave reviews from everyone who drove it. Josh's
g/f Sheena had a blast driving it in the mud pit Sat night!

- Rich