Re: BBQ - new guy chimes in

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 17:19:57 EDT

Rich Werning wrote:

> I have every intention of making the 06 event in Denver,

Cool! We enjoyed meeting you at the BBQ, hope to see you in Denver.

> at which point I
> should be both mentally prepared for driving it on some of the mild trails
> and have enough work done to make it ready.

Actually, we're probably going to be concentrating on the kind of dirt
roads that can be traversed by any factory 4x4, as long as you don't
mind getting it dusty. Actually, the easier roads should be open to
stock height 2wd trucks as well. I have a couple of guide books with
difficulty ratings on the trails, which you can check out here:
http://www.funtreks.com/photo_tour.htm

Our plan is to start out on the "easy" level, and once we've seen them
in person, we'll decide whether we want to try any of the "moderate"
level. We'll make sure that we won't be leaving anyone behind who wants
to do some scenic drives, and we'll work in some hard-core off-roading
for anyone who wants that as well.