Subject: Re: Re: Looks like i'll be parting her out

From: Zachary Burcham (roadking_dakota@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 03 2005 - 10:20:57 EDT

On the totalling a vehicle out and salvage title, I just totalled a bike and
my bro did a few years ago, and both of us bought them back from the
insurance company by having the buyback value taken from the settlement
check. In both cases we had the titles and they never changed hands. I
believe it becomes a salvage title when the insurance company sells it to a
junkyard. But if you buy it right back, there shouldn't be a problem. My
bro got $1,000 for his bike because of the clean title. Wreck pics can be
seen at http://www.bsu.edu/web/ztburcham/my_brothers_99_900rr.htm and the
bike was actually totalled out before that. Long explaination I guess, but
as long as you buy it right back or just keep the title in hand, it'll be
clean.

Zach Burcham
1992 Dakota 3.9L CC 2WD