RE: Subject: Re: Re: Looks like i'll be parting her out

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Aug 03 2005 - 13:44:06 EDT

Chad Evans said:

> I am just going off of my experience. or i should what State Farm told me.
>
> My experience is that if he gets a new frame, He should by all rights not
> have a clean title for that truck. The frame wont have the correct numbers
> on it.
>
> When i hit the curb with my truck a few years ago. The only thing i did was
> smack the passenger side tire. Well i ended up bending the bracket that is
> welded to the frame that holds the lower control arm, i had everything but
> the upper control arm replaced. They ended up, I think just bending it back
> far enough to clear the new control arm. The body shop where i took it and
> the insurance company told me that if they couldnt fix it, it would require
> a new frame and then my truck would have salvage/junk title.

When Chris Mahoney had his truck repaired after the accident he was in, they
replaced his frame. I don't think they gave him a salvage title... It may
be worth checking into for those in Illinois. Chris's website is
www.intense-dakota.com, I think he's got a contact link on there with his
email address.

--
- Josh