Re: [now] Offroad buggies [was] new guy chimes in

From: Rich Werning (rwerning@wi.rr.com)
Date: Wed Aug 03 2005 - 13:54:12 EDT

""Josh Battles"" <josh.lists@omg-stfu.com> wrote in message
news:54696.66.73.245.4.1123090917.squirrel@webmail.omg-stfu.com...

> Hell yes! I actually want to give Randy a call to ask him about any
issues I
> should be aware of in the design as well as to get some help in creating a
> very articulate suspension for it. I figured that if anyone would be able
> help it would be him.

I've got an old ~74 Honda XL 125cc laying around my fathers barn. With all
the discussion of building buggy's at the BBQ and here in the group, its got
me debating doing something with that bike. Engine would need a total
overhaul, but I'm pretty sure I could get it running again. Kind of a small
engine though, IIRC it only kicks out 8hp or so. I seem to recall it
having a pretty decent top end speed - its been a looong time since I rode
that bike.

I've been checking online for various sites that sell or have free plans for
making baja buggies. Not sure I'd be willing to buy a completed one, but a
decent frame for the right price would be a nice starting point so you don't
have to fab the entire thing from scratch.

- Rich